Friday 20 January 2012

Blend Shapes and Project Update


I do apologise for not using the blog till now i forgot i need it for expotees and i kept my blog in diary form so im just uploading my thoughts on my final year specification to date. 

In my specification I do state that I would rig a wing which I then would simulate. After talking about my project to some people and my supervisor I thought instead of rigging the wing for industry needs would it be easier/ more efficient to use morph targets/ blend shapes. So deforming the wing in certain positions conveying its flight in every scenario and writing a script which flips between each deformation depending on the flight trajectory. Which may add more fluidity to the animation as I understand a lot of facial rigs are made in this way.

Blend shape example on facail animation 

Just an example of Blend shapes in maya taken from http://cgterminal.com/2011/10/15/maya-blend-shape-tips-and-tricks-by-steven-roselle/



No comments:

Post a Comment